The World Economic Forum says that we are 151 years away from achieving gender equity at work.
Our guest says that gender equity is achievable in this lifetime.
Katica Roy is a gender economist and the founder and CEO of Pipeline Equity, an award-winning analytical platform designed to help organizations improve their equity and inclusivity efforts, beyond the talk, and with real action.
As the daughter of an immigrant and a refugee, Katica is driven by a passion to eradicate economic inequality and championing the rights of refugees, women, and children.
In this interview, Katica explains how gender equity differs from gender equality, and illustrates how framing gender equity as an economic issue, not a moral one, makes equity and inclusivity efforts nonnegotiable.
She calls gender equity “a $2 trillion economic opportunity” and strives to establish data and research-based arguments to generate bipartisan, inclusive buy-in and systemic change to address equity issues in modern America.
We explore topics like:
- Why are women today still only earning 82% of every dollar that men earn?
- How is it that the pay gap has remained unchanged over the last 20 years?
- What are the social consequences of women being paid less, taxed more, and holding greater student loan debt?
- How does gender equity impact even seemingly disconnected issues like men’s mental health and the education of boys in 2023?
- What new story could propel gender equity public policy in the coming years, and how can we help them?
Katica Roy is a former Global 500 global executive, programmer, data scientist, and a regular contributor to CNN, CBS, Bloomberg, Cheddar, MarketWatch, and Yahoo Finance Her advocacy and education have made her a LinkedIn Top Influencer for gender equity in 2022. She is also a member of Fast Company’s Impact Council and Bloomberg’s New Economy Forum.
Please rate and review our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify to help other listeners find our work!
Want to get in touch? Leave us a voicemail
Support our partners and affiliates for exclusive discounts:
- Fathom Analytics: Get beautiful, secure website data without trading your customers’ private browsing data to Google and Facebook
- Flywheel: Seamless WordPress website hosting on US-based servers
- Hover: Register domains with ease. Save $2 on your first purchase
- MailerLite: A lite, powerful, affordable email marketing platform with premium plans starting at just $9/mo.
- Sanebox: Take back your inbox with machine learning to automatically organize your emails. Save $5 when you join.
- Trint: Turn recordings of meetings, calls, and interviews into transcripts with 99% accuracy.
Affiliate Disclosure: Our show is listener supported through affiliate and partner links. By clicking one of the above links and registering or making a purchase, we may earn a small commission, which helps pay for the costs of our show.