Resilience is all the rage in education, mental health, and self-help circles these days.
But what is resilience, really?
And, what isn’t resilience?
Dr. Kate’s specialized training in pediatric medical psychology has spanned world-renowned Shriners Hospital for Children; Boston, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, all of which are affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
She uses a strengths-based approach to help her clients improve their confidence in school, sports, and life while helping them to become more resilient and reach their full potential at all levels.
In this interview with host Dave Ursillo, Dr. Kate explains:
- How resilience is a practiced mindset that reflects one’s baseline stress and ability to regulate stress over time
- How her diagnosis of hydrocephalus at age four gave Kate a hard-earned, life-long lesson in resilience
- What we can do to help our kids develop resilience, including through modeling and finding age-appropriate tools and practices to help kids self-regulate
Dr. Kate is also the host of The Optimized Mind, a podcast that explores how we can define our own unique context, build resilience and maximize potential through engaging with today’s top thought leaders in the business and personal development space.
Please rate and review our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify to help other listeners find our work!
Want to get in touch? Leave us a voicemail
Support our partners and affiliates for exclusive discounts:
- Fathom Analytics: Get beautiful, secure website data without trading your customers’ private browsing data to Google and Facebook
- Flywheel: Seamless WordPress website hosting on US-based servers
- Hover: Register domains with ease. Save $2 on your first purchase
- MailerLite: A lite, powerful, affordable email marketing platform with premium plans starting at just $9/mo.
- Sanebox: Take back your inbox with machine learning to automatically organize your emails. Save $5 when you join.
- Trint: Turn recordings of meetings, calls, and interviews into transcripts with 99% accuracy.
Affiliate Disclosure: Our show is listener supported through affiliate and partner links. By clicking one of the above links and registering or making a purchase, we may earn a small commission, which helps pay for the costs of our show.