In the United States, the month of June is Pride Month. To celebrate LGBTQ+ stories and experiences, we’re sharing excerpts from two past interviews with guests who identify as gay and whose personal stories have navigated self-acceptance and belonging in cultures that marginalized and excluded them—and, how their experiences shaped them as storytellers.
Eduardo Placer is a story doula, coach, former performer, and the CEO and Founder of Fearless Communicators, a dynamic speaking and communications coaching business. He coaches people how to become effective communicators by providing them with the tools to lead and deliver their message to an audience. Listen to our full 2022 interview with Eduardo here.
Wade Rouse is the USA TODAY, Publishers Weekly, and internationally best-selling author of 13 books, including four memoirs and nine novels. He joined us in 2022 to discuss his memoir, Magic Season: A Son’s Story, which chronicles his upbringing as a self-described “queer kid” in rural Missouri in the 1970s and how baseball gave him and his abusive father a chance to reconcile and heal later in life. Listen to the full interview with Wade here.
Please rate and review our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify to help other listeners find our work!
Want to get in touch? Leave us a voicemail
Support our partners and affiliates for exclusive discounts:
- Fathom Analytics : Get beautiful, secure website data without trading your customers’ private browsing data to Google and Facebook
- Flywheel : Seamless WordPress website hosting on US-based servers
- Hover : Register domains with ease. Save $2 on your first purchase
- MailerLite : A lite, powerful, affordable email marketing platform with premium plans starting at just $9/mo.
- Sanebox : Take back your inbox with machine learning to automatically organize your emails. Save $5 when you join.
- Trint : Turn recordings of meetings, calls, and interviews into transcripts with 99% accuracy.
Affiliate Disclosure: Our show is listener supported through affiliate and partner links. By clicking one of the above links and registering or making a purchase, we may earn a small commission, which helps pay for the costs of our show.